Friday, May 18, 2007

BERKMAN PROFILE SUNDAY ON FSN

Former Rice standout and now All-Star first baseman Lance Berkman will be featured on FSN this Sunday, May 19, at 10:00 CDT, in a show called “In My Own Words.”

The interesting thing about this program is that it is not the traditional question and answer format. Lance will tell viewers about how his Dad taught him to switch hit at the age of six, why his days at Rice were the best time he ever had in baseball, how he was surprised the Astros drafted him, and the importance of his own family.

Here are a few excerpts from the show:

On his father: “He taught me how to switch hit when I was six years old. Most Dads don’t have that kind of foresight, but he knew I was a left-handed thrower and a natural right-handed hitter, which is kind of an odd combination. He thought if I could throw left-handed, I should be able to hit left-handed and I’ve been switch hitting as long as I remember.”

On playing for Rice University: “The most fun I’ve ever had playing baseball is when I was at Rice. We just had such a group of guys, we just had so much fun together playing the game. I feel really privileged, I was there right at the beginning of coach (Wayne) Graham’s dynasty. I got to see it go from where we had won nothing to when I left we had gone to a college world series.”

Get those DVRs and VCRs set up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home